Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Get Inspired. Discover You. Inspire: The True Circle of Life

In the age of ipods, ipads, nooks, kindles and the like, it's quite the mystery why hard copy books aren't free.  I am one of the few old-school readers who believe that reading is an experience; and for me that means turning every page.  So how does one with a love of books get through life?  My friends, I have found the answer.  After years of being a literary loner, I am now the proud owner of a New York Public Library Card.

In the 4 short weeks I have been a library card holder, I can honestly say it has changed my life.  After checking out my first book, I decided to embark on a journey to learn as much about my history as possible.  Thinking back I realize that what we are taught in grade school, even college, is maybe 15% of the whole story; no matter the subject.  So my posts will still of course always have the OD humor (again, I can't make my life up if I tried), but I will be writing more serious pieces here and there.  I don't think I am the best writer in the world, but I do believe it is a gift.  If I can inspire someone, young or old, and enhance their life experience through the power of words, I believe it's my duty to do so. 

Random [Opinionated Diva] Side Note: 23rd street NY Public library- It would help me SO much if you actually put the catalog ranges on the book shelves.  I love walking blindly and stumbling upon a literary treasure, but not if it's gonna take longer than my lunch break! Love you more:-)

This story is made in part by my good friend Susana Hernandez who introduced me to the idea of getting a library card.  You too should get inspired. I highly recommend it.  Find your public library

No comments: