Monday, August 14, 2006

I Feel Like A Woman

As I get more inspiration from the world around me, and engage in the never-ending discussion of Women are from Venus: Men are from Mars (i.e. Why is it so hard to trust a man?), I decided to share my philosophy on this phenomenon. Disclaimer: I am NOT a feminist; however, I am a woman. Therefore, I can only speak on this issue from a woman's perspective. So men, do not feel as if you are excluded from the discussion. Please voice your opinion if you agree or disagree on any future interpretations of my seeking truth about men...

Enduring yet another circumstance of being mistreated by a man, I was surfing the net to plan my much needed revenge. I came across a website entitled, dontdatehimgirl.com (check out the link). It is a revenge seeker's heaven, and lying/cheating man's demise. Think of it as a world directory for any woman doing a background check, so to speak, of the man they (or their friends) are dating. It is a profile written by experienced women who know, were involved with, or married to, the alleged womanizer. There are thousands upon thousands of entries: it is quite remarkable actually. Men, do not get bent out of shape, you are able to defend yourself (if you know you are on display). Although, I think this section was put on the site for legality reasons. I cannot foresee why any woman would tell the man she seeks revenge on that he is on this site; that would ruin the surprise of unsuspecting dirty looks he will get by women in his hometown. I was so impressed with the site, I wanted to do my part and thank the site creator. Not expecting any response, I sent an email satisfied that I at least let her know she inspired me. Within one day, I got a response from the creator herself! I was beyond words.

Many of the accused had myspace profiles also. I am sure most, if not ALL of the world is familiar with myspace.com thanks to Dateline (don't you agree they are getting a little Maury Povich-ish with the weekly undercover online chat operations?). I have found myspace to be relatively engaging, if not slightly addictive. There is a section for blogs on myspace, but I am aware that not everyone is a fan, and some just love to hate the current "guilty pleasure." It is so amazing that in this day and age, revenge can be achieved without leaving your home or picking up a phone, and have it reach around the world. If chivalry is truly dead, it has been reincarnated as new-age revenge.

This blog has pulled me in so many different directions, and I still want to be able to write about ANYTHING that peaks my interest, whether it's world politics, or why I don't like coffee (and never understood why the world has fallen victim to Starbucks!?). But, I feel I owe it to the women in my life to discuss us. So, I will introduce issues I feel are important to women in truly understanding who we are and our purpose on this earth-it can be related to health, love, sex, money, etc. If you have any issues you want addressed, please post a comment! Until next time...

No comments: