Sunday, October 24, 2010

Let's Have a Toast...

What makes you feel good about the work you do?  Accolades. Raises. Promotions.  Yeah, Yeah, that's all good and great, but that only happens to what, like 5% of the workforce population?  What really makes you happy at work?  That feeling of ultimate accomplishment?  Most will never admit it out loud, but that's why I'm here.  Getting professional vindication from the douchebags and assholes you have to deal with at work.  Thanks Kanye, at least you did something right this year by making that song.  Disclaimer: I'm not talking about anyone I physically work with in the office so it's not water-cooler conversation-worthy) 

Why is it always that one person  at work that just won't let it go.  Ever.  No matter how good you are at your job, they always question your judgement.  It's not my fault you were the average student, never made it on the team, then went to college and became even more obscure.  The way to prove yourself is not by making other people's lives at your job more miserable than you.   If it sounds like I'm venting, a-duhz.

I  recently discovered that out of all the steps I have made in the progress of my career, the absolute highlight is being professionally vindicated against the one person who was intent on making my life a living hell the past several months.  I received confirmation in a newspaper article that not only do they NOT know everything, but pretty much that they [and their employer collectively] suck at their job in this one specific area, which happens to be the area I work in.  It was absolutely amazing to read.  I think I heard violins in the background as my eyes danced across the page.

I really never understood these type of working individuals.  You know the kind; they have no control over their lives at home so they overcompensate at work.  Big fail ladies and gentlemen.  Especially if they think it is going to work on me.  We spend most of our lives working, so it is understandable that it won't always be a bed of roses, and sure we all complain here and there, get mad,  etc. but overkill is unnecessary.  Taking your work seriously is an admirable trait, but let's be honest.  Anyone reading this article isn't the CEO of a major corporation (though I believe my readers will get there!), so you can't know it all, it's not logically possible.  Even me, i know it's hard to believe, but I don't know it all. 

I wrote all of that to say, pick your battles when it comes to work.  If you honestly have a question about the validity of something said by a colleague or even boss, it is your right to seek confirmation of accuracy, but to insult one's intelligence?  That's how you end up in a newspaper article.  At least in my case.  I hope you all seek your own professional vindication against the douchebag(s) at your job.  You don't have to do much, just sit back; they're like the world's dumbest criminals.  Again, at least in my case :-)

Cheers,

Let's have a toast for the douchebags,
Let's have a toast for the assholes,
Let's have a toast for the scumbags,
Every one of them that I know
Let's have a toast to the jerkoffs
That'll never take work off
Baby, I got a plan
Run away fast as you can

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LMAO...let's hear it for a bon-ny good time!