Sunday, October 03, 2010

Unbreakable.

April 2006.  November 2006.  October 2010.  My blog has had more highs and lows than Lindsey Lohan's career.  I too, hit rock bottom.  In the world of blogging that is.  My passion for writing brought me to this blog in 2004.  I can't believe it either.  I was just a girl in NC, seeking to find an outlet for my mental thoughts.  I was really excited about the possibilities for my blog, but within a year, the romance fizzled.  In 2006, I moved to Jersey City, NJ.  A brand new life started--with no job.  So, I turned to the only friend that didn't mind my rambling.  Good 'ole Opinionated Diva.  That's my girl.  I erased all of my previous posts to start anew, and she welcomed me with open arms, and I swore to be back with a vengeance (see post: Back For the First Time).  And I was.... so I thought.  Within a couple of months living in my new city, I found a job.  My last post was in November 2006.   What happened?  Life.  No, I didn't get married, have kids, or buy a home; just life.

I guess it is true what they say about your 20s.  You think you know what you want, but you really don't.  I thought my move here was going to catapult into a plus-modeling career.  Not really, but you get my point.  Sure I did a show here, a show there, mingled here, met someone there, I even auditioned (horribly I might add) for a broadway show.  But that life wasn't me.  I loved experiencing all of those things (except that audition- brutal), but being that person, wasn't my authentic self and it overshadowed my true passion, which is writing.  I definitely don't regret any of my decisions during that time because I've met some wonderful lifetime friends and I can live my life knowing I did it.  I still love fashion and join my girls for a catwalk or two, but it took living life and all that comes with it to get me to happy (so took that from Terry McMillan's book 'Getting to Happy' coming out in November- pick it up! :-)

I think I'm there.  Ugh, I HATE writing these type of posts, b/c they are always so cliche- this time is going to be different, and blah blah blah.  I'm not doing that this time around.  All I know is that I love this blog sooooooo much.  Like really, it's my baby.  But we went from infancy to rebellious teen in a span of 6 years and both ran away from our responsibilities and are now trying to make amends.  I thought about nixing the entire blog and starting completely over- new name-new face-new everything.  But then I thought, why? Erasing the past won't mean it didn't exist; it just implies you are trying to forget your failures and I'm not going to do that.  This is me, us. 

It was so necessary for me to not go to sleep until I posted something on here.  My olive branch to Opinionated Diva.  I swear if she were a spouse- it's the kind you would want to have.  So forgiving, this one.  Anyway, it's 5:38 am on October 3, 2010 and I can't write much more (I actually could- that's how excited I am), but I do want to share with you my light bulb moment....

I love writing so much and my brain has opinions on a variety of subjects, but I didn't want to inundate my follower or 2 (hopefully more soon lol), so..... I created another blog!!!  Yes, I did.  Either go hard or go home is what I told myself this time around.  Quickly, I haven't posted yet (i mean it is almost daybreak), but it is called the TD Newswire, and it is where I will be speaking on current events (with my opinion of course).  It will be geared more towards keeping you informed, especially young adults.  I have to say I was inspired by my friends/relatives who never know what I'm talking about when I ask them, "did you hear about ___ on the news."  I just think knowing whats going on in our community, neighborhood, state, country, and world directly impacts us.  Believe it or not, more so than Lindsey Lohan (sorry for the reference, but you set your own self up girlfriend). I digress.

But here, on Opinionated-Diva, as always I will pick up where I left off and continue to share with you my inner-most thoughts on all that life is, does, and will be.....Stay tuned ((singing A.Keys...cause there's more to see [unbreakable] through the technical difficulties-- so fitting, right?))

Love,
Tiff aka Opinionated Diva

PS:  I left all of my old blogs up from years past b/c I actually still enjoy them, hope you do too...

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Cheers to keeping dreams alive...

Fallible Sage said...

I'm glad you're writing again... been waiting. I've actually slowed down significantly. Work is demanding much more from me, but I hope I'm not away too long. I'll be writing one of these if things get away from me.
Welcome back!